Estimated Travel Time from Airport to City Centre
||Travel Time (Normal)
||Travel Time (Rush Hour)
Travel Advice For Mexico - Monterrey
- Staying in Mexico City ? Visitors should be aware that it is considered a high-altitude city, and some travellers – especially those with respiratory or heart ailments – may have trouble acclimatizing.
- Arrival: ignore any taxi touts and do not make use of unofficial taxis. Travellers doing so threaten their own personal safety and become more vulnerable to crime.
- Theft, such as bag snatching and pick pocketing is common in tourist destinations. Pay attention to your valuables in these areas.
- Be on the alert for scams, of which a variety occur. Police officers have been known to extort money from tourists by using minor offenses or traffic violations as a front. ‘Virtual’ kidnappings see criminals use personal details to enable an exchange of personal information or a wire transfer over the phone.
- Mexican Peso
Top 5 Business Tips
- Business protocol requires a reliable, personal contact who can introduce and vouch for you. He/she should preferably be an individual of importance or rank as Mexicans are status conscious, and your personal contact is a reflection of your intentions.
- The concept of personal space isn’t taken as seriously as it is abroad. Mexicans stand much closer together when talking, and can be quite physical. Flinching or backing away can be construed as rude behaviour.
- Given the lack of personal space, you may be surprised to find your Mexican counterparts don’t make much eye contact. In fact, this is a mark of respect, and care must be taken to avoid prolonged eye contact with individuals.
- At an introductory stage, shaking hands when meeting and leaving is acceptable. Once you become more familiar with your Mexican colleagues, a friendly embrace is the norm.
- Initial meetings will include high-level executives, and it is imperative your team includes an individual of similar rank. Once proceedings are running smoothly, senior executives are rarely present, leaving the details to lower ranking personnel.
Tristar Worldwide is delighted to expand our Latin American presence with the provision of our chauffeur services in Monterrey. Sprawled across the foothills of the Sierra Madre Oriental mountain range, this city is one of opulence and beauty. The third largest metropolis in Mexico, Monterrey also has the distinction of being the country’s richest city. A vital business and industrial centre, Monterrey has benefited from rapid development to become one of the most “Americanized” cities in Mexico. A number of national and international companies such as Sony, Samsung, Toyota, Nokia, Dell, and GE maintain bases in Monterrey. The city’s proximity to the mountains adds a splendid element of scenic beauty to the metropolis.