With the issues of health and safety rightly at the forefront of everyone’s mind, the wellbeing of our passengers, drivers and employees is Addison Lee Group’s number one priority.
We continue to offer a full service to all passengers and customers for your essential travel needs and delivery services during this period. In line with UK Government advice, we have a clear set of guidelines around managing the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and protecting our people, passengers and driver partners, whilst we maintain service continuity.
This policy has been updated following the UK Government’s announcement on 16 March 2020 of additional measures to manage the spread of COVID-19, but may be subject to amendment given the changing nature of this issue.
What we are doing
At the core of our policy is an adherence to Public Health England (PHE) guidelines – issued by the UK Government and regularly updated.
- While we continue to provide a full service to passengers and customers, we are strictly following all UK Government and PHE guidance.
- We are continuously reinforcing PHE precautions to our drivers and employees to help prevent spreading of COVID-19, including regular hand washing. We are also providing hand sanitiser and disinfectant spray to drivers.
- We are asking passengers to follow UK Government and PHE/NHS guidelines and ensure they are not exhibiting symptoms associated with COVID-19 before they book with us.
- We are requiring drivers and employees in vulnerable groups – currently defined by the UK Government as anyone over 70 years old, anyone with underlying health issues and pregnant women – to stay at home for 12 weeks.
- We are requiring drivers and employees who live alone and are exhibiting symptoms associated with COVID-19 to follow NHS guidelines, notify relevant individuals internally and stay at home for 7 days from the point that the symptoms first appeared.
- We are requiring drivers and employees who live with someone or people who exhibit symptoms associated with COVID-19 to follow NHS guidelines, notify relevant individuals internally and stay at home for the full period of 14 days, from the point that the first person in the house became ill.
Our courier services
Addison Lee Group is following PHE guidance on the delivery of post and parcels, which currently states that there is no known risk that people can contract COVID-19 through receiving parcels. However, as a precautionary measure, if you are receiving a parcel or package direct to your home, our couriers will knock on your door or alert you to their arrival, place your parcel on the doorstep and step away to a safe distance of 2 metres so that you can collect it personally. They will log your receipt of the parcel themselves and you won’t have to sign for it. If you are unable to come to the door, we will leave a note and arrange for another time to deliver your item. If you are receiving a parcel in a workplace environment, our couriers will leave the parcel with an appropriate member of staff, such as a receptionist or security guard, following the same safety procedures.
Our own measures
We understand that people may have concerns about travelling in private hire vehicles during this time.
We can assure you that as well as following PHE advice, Addison Lee Group has put its own measures in place, including provision of hand sanitiser for drivers, regular car washes and disinfectant spray for vehicles.
We also have an infectious diseases policy, and believe we have robust contingency measures in place to ensure continuity of service in the case of the further spread of COVID-19.
Addison Lee Group will continue to monitor PHE advice closely and stands ready to make necessary changes to help protect our passengers, employees and our drivers.